Cartographic Engineering (GiiC) created in 1997, moment from which it is part of the Andalusian Research Plan (PAI). Within this Plan the group fits into the presentation or area of Production Technologies (cataloging code "TEP-164").
It is formed as a living and autonomous structure that, as an umbrella and discussion forum, allows the collaboration and aggregation of efforts of all its members in order to obtain better results, and have a sufficient critical mass to address projects of IDi of great magnitude.
- Applications of GIS to cartography, environment and management.
- Quality and control of processes in Cartography.
- Cadastre, rustic, urban and special assessments.
- Cartographic Production (generalization, modeling, optimization)
- Software development, applications of artificial intelligence to cartography.
- Remote sensing (multispectral, hyperspectral, thermal), applied to agriculture and engineering.
Scientific offer, technique:
- Cadastral applications.
- GIS applications.
- Consultancy to national and international organizations.
- Control of quality and processes in cartography. Quality systems.
- Position-based services.
- Generation of spatial databases.
- Digital image processing.