RULES AND REGULATIONS
The “CEATIC MOBILITY PRIZES FOR YOUNG DOCTORS” is a programme to promote the arrival of young doctors at the Centre for Advanced Studies in Information and Communication Technologies (CEATIC) of the University of Jaén, aiming at setting up or strengthen academic and/or research links and gather additional and specific information for the developments and research projects that are in progress in the Centre. This programme is also intended to help young doctors to improve their scientific specialization and training.
This edition of the programme consists of the invitation for a research stay of up to 3 months at the CEATIC, to be completed during 2018. The expenses related to travelling, accommodation and living expenses will be covered by the CEATIC up to a maximum of 5000€.
The following rules and regulations apply to the “CEATIC MOBILITY PRIZES FOR YOUNG DOCTORS 2018” programme.
Postdoctoral researchers with a training background related to the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Candidates must have completed their PhD in the last 6 years to be eligible.
Rules and regulations
This programme aims at setting up or strengthen academic and/or research links and gather additional and specific information for the developments and research projects that are in progress in the CEATIC. This programme is also intended to help young doctors to improve their scientific specialization and training.
The CEATIC will award 2 prizes, which could be extended with one more, consisting of an invitation for travelling to this Centre (located at the University of Jaén facilities) for a research stay of up to 3 months, to be completed during 2018. The expenses related to travelling, accommodation and living expenses will be covered by this prize up to a maximum of 5000€. Tickets and/or bills will be necessary to get this reimbursement.
Applications will be sent by e-mail to the address email@example.com with the subject [MovilidadCEATIC]. Required documents include:
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Copy of diploma (BSc., MSc., etcetera) related to ICT training
- Summarized CV (4 pages maximum)
- Research proposal related to at least two research topics covered in the CEATIC (see Appendix 1)
All the required documents must be in PDF format. The size of the files must not exceed 2 MB.
Candidates may submit a revised version of their applications by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject [MovilidadCEATIC - Modificación] before the expiration date.
Upon receipt of the application, a confirmation e-mail will be sent in the following 72 hours.
Number of prizes and deadline
The CEATIC will award up to 3 prizes as described above. The application time starts on the 14 of May, 2018, and the deadline for applications is the 13 of Jun, 2018 at 23:59 (GMT+1). (Extended to 20th of June)
Candidates and awardees
Candidates must prove that they fulfill the requirements of this programme. They also must have a relevant scientific background and present a research proposal for the time of their stay at the CEATIC related with at least two of the research topics covered in the CEATIC (see Appendix I).
The type of research proposal must be one of the following: basic research, strategic research, applied research, experimental development or knowledge transfer.
The awardees must accept the rules and regulations described here, and the responsibilities they imply.
The awardees will be announced within 30 days following the deadline.
The Selection Committee will publish a listing with the 2 selected candidates for the prizes, as well as 3 reserve candidates, in case any of the selected ones does not accept the prize. The decision of the committee will not be subject to appeal.
The Selection Committee is allowed to discard all the candidates for one or several prizes if their merits do not reach a minimum level of quality. In addition, the number of prizes could be extended with one more (with a total of 3 prizes).
The list of selected awardees will be published at the CEATIC website (http://ceatic.ujaen.es). The awardees will also be notified by e-mail.
The Selection Committee will take into account the following criteria:
- Impact of the research proposal
- Strategic interests of the CEATIC
- Positive impact of the research stay in the academic and scientific background of the candidate
Responsibilities of the awardees
- Send to the CEATIC an acceptance letter. The awardees have to accept the prize and all the conditions of these rules within 10 days following the publication of the awardees list. If this acceptance letter is not received in time, the prize will be awarded to the next reserve candidate.
- If the research stay results in the publication of one or more research publications, the awardee has to include the CEATIC of the University of Jaén as one of the funding entities of their work.
The research proposal of every candidate has to be related with at least two of the research topics covered in the CEATIC. These topics are the following:
- Smart environments and Internet of Things
- Distributed and colaborative processing of sound signals
- Computer graphics. Applications to medicine and 3D modelling
- Smart cities
- Intelligent systems based on fuzzy decision analysis
- Human language technologies
- Wireless sensor networks
- Data Science and Computational Intelligence